A former Metropolitan Police Officer, UN Security Advisor, Jon joined the UK’s Hostage Crisis Negotiation Unit at New Scotland Yard in 1995.
The UN approached Jon in 2002 to become a Security Advisor, where he was instrumental in the response to the Ugandan humanitarian crisis. In 2006, the UN HQ in New York appointed Jon as a Chief of Mobile Training before moving to Kenya to further pioneer training. He has responded to hostage cases and crises in over 50 countries and has a considerable global network of contacts.
- Met Police
- Covert & Specialist Duties
- Hostage & Crisis Negotiation Unit
- International Hostage Deployments
- International Training
- Joined United Nations
- Security Advisor
- UN Focal Point for Kidnap & Hostage Incidents
- UN Directing Staff for Hostage Incident Management
- UN HQ Chief of Mobile Training
- Guided UN into International Negotiators Working Group
- Multiple global deployments
- Founded Calliance
- International Gov. Orgs
- UK Gov.
- Other countries agencies
- Commercial companies